Company Info: New York based Global Asset Management firm.
The Financial Analyst will primarily assist the Chief Accounting Officer in all financial aspects.
Job will be broken down into two areas:
- Working with analysts on modeling, performance monitoring and analysis and reporting for various portfolio companies. As the role is with both the deal team and finance group, this individual will have the unique ability to be involved in all aspects of the investment process and financial reporting process.
- Preparation and review of the quarterly 10-Qs, the annual 10-K, select and engage outside consultants, analysis of financial results, analysis of various business initiatives, oversee cash management, implement and maintain appropriate internal controls and financial procedures, coordinate audits and tax filings, ensure legal and regulatory compliance, manage investor relations, and other accounting issues as they arise.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Solid quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, attention to detail, strong excel skills (modeling a bonus) , word and PowerPoint skills;
- Strong understanding of financial statements and accounting;
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral);
- Proven interpersonal skills with ability to work with a fair degree of autonomy and demonstrate initiative and a sense of personal accountability, but remain a team player and enjoy contributing in a cooperative and entrepreneurial environment; ability to work well in a small, collaborative team;
- 4+ years of accounting experience (private equity experience preferred)
- Experience with public corporations (filing, requirements, etc)
This role offers the successful candidate the rare opportunity to join an incredibly well-regarded and top performing investment firm, working with a dynamic group of people who are experts in their field. This is an opportunity to be part of the firm’s continued growth and be an instrumental part of the firm’s ongoing success.