Company Info: $8B asset management firm based in Long Island
- Assist in the monthly closing process (eg: expenses, accruals, amortization, depreciation) including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Analyze balance sheet and income statement variances for accuracy and management reporting.
- Prepare periodic internal management reporting.
- Analyze potential changes and irregularities in the budgeting and forecasting process. Assist in creating supporting schedules.
- Special projects – as assigned by team and senior management
- Able to prioritize responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task.
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a team/collaborative environment.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Quickbooks
- Microsoft Navision (general use of accounting packages) experience a plus but not required
- Auditing background helpful but not required.
- Strong analytical acumen, the ability to dig in and flesh out numbers; identify differences and variances.
- Financial services industry and partnership accounting experience is a plus but not required.