Business Development Analyst
Company Info: Longstanding global alternative asset manager based in New York.
- Assisting in the quarterly investment valuation process, including the review of loan valuation models and broker quotes, coordinating the independent valuation firm and public accounting review of valuations, and preparation of the quarterly valuation materials for the Valuation Committee and Board of Directors.
- Detailed review of the BDCs’ accounting records (NAV close packages), financial statements (10-Qs and 10-Ks), shareholders’ capital account statements, investor presentations, tax returns, 38a compliance reports (asset diversification, income and distribution tests), 1099/1042-S forms, and capital call/distribution allocation files and letters. Such records/data will be prepared by the TPA.
- Coordination of public accounting’s quarterly review and annual audit and internal audit’s annual testing, as well as assisting with operating within the SOX control framework.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the credit facilities, including the review of servicing reports, borrowing bases, quarterly waterfalls, etc. and assisting with borrowings and repayments.
- Overseeing the management company accounting for the respective BDCs, including management/ incentive fees and data aggregation/ analysis that is needed for the quarterly ENI/budget reforecast
- Assisting with responses to investor inquiries/ requests. During fundraising, the individual will help create various analysis needed for updating marketing materials, assisting with the preparation of due diligence questionnaire responses, as well as assisting with fund closing processes.
- Other ad-hoc projects as needed
- This position requires strong accounting and finance experience, working knowledge of the alternative investment industry (particularly credit investments and BDCs), US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, sound organizational and analytical skills, as well as the ability to build rapport with the TPA, auditors, shareholders, and various constituents we interact with throughout the firm.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience is required (Big 4 public accounting background is a plus)
- Strong educational background in accounting/finance
- Knowledge of alternative investment industry and investment company accounting is required
- Knowledge of accounting & reporting for BDCs or other credit investment vehicles is a plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred