Company Info: Family Office in New York
- Manage five direct reports: Controller, Director of Retail, Director of Facilities, AVP of Technology, and Manager of Visitor Services.
- Manage the museum’s budget and financial reporting activities; oversee investment and finance committee activities; and support Controller in general accounting activities, audit, and human resource administration.
- Responsible for legal activities, compliance and contract review, and coordination with outside counsel.
- Oversees all aspects of retail operations.
- Work with the development team to create annual and long-term fundraising goals that support the operating and program expenditure budgets.
- Analyze operations to evaluate performance of the museum and its staff in meeting objectives and to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy change.
- Oversee and collaborate with investment committee. Review and update monthly investment summaries and conduct necessary transactions.
- Develop, coordinate, and execute policies and procedures affecting all areas of the Museum; recommend and implement systems to improve Museum operations and provide for successful integration of Museum-wide activities. Support policies to ensure best practices, non-profit integrity and ethics in accordance with legal statutes and current standards of the field.
- Oversee personnel-related functions, including hiring, training and development, benefits planning and administration, compliance, and termination actions, reviews, employment contracts, employee counseling, administration of personnel files, and general compliance.
- Negotiate all commercial insurance contracts and act as primary point of contact for insurance broker.
- Supervise legal matters on behalf of the museum. Act a primary point of contact with legal counsel.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Undergraduate degree in Arts Administration, Business Administration, or a related field required.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred;
- Minimum ten years in senior level administration and/or financial management required, with five years in non-profit management capacity preferred; for-profit management experience also desirable; significant team-building experience desired;
- Significant experience working with external boards and committees;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; highest level presentation, negotiation, project management, and problem-solving skills required;
- Excellent planning, financial management, and organizational skills;
- Collaborative management style;
- Demonstrated passion for the visual arts;
- Strong work ethic, and superior record of ethical service;