Director of Portfolio Accounting
Company Info: Large hedge fund based in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Train, supervise, delegate to, and evaluate staff to maintain optimum performance of job duties.
- Establish team goals and objectives, establish workflows and assign responsibilities for effective and efficient completion of tasks.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of innovative processes and procedures to maintain strong internal controls.
- Ensure accurate and timely calculations and documentation of fund NAVs and investor income allocations.
- Act as a point of contact for the firm with the funds’ auditors and administrators.
- Oversee the preparation of draft financial statements for funds and special purpose vehicles.
- Oversee all aspects of operations and accounting related to private investments.
- Involvement with fund expense accruals, allocation and payments.
- Work with the operations group in monitoring new investments and determining the proper accounting treatment thereof.
- Interact with the investor relations and legal groups regarding investor inquiries.
- Collaborate with Head of Accounting to set long and short term strategic objectives for the group.
- 15+ years of progressive public and/or private accounting experience.
- Prior experience at an alternative investment fund manager preferred.
- Big 4 accounting firm experience a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading, directing, mentoring and evaluating a team.
- Excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize and manage multiple processes and deadlines in an efficient and timely manner.
- Strong GAAP knowledge with proven experience with preparation of financial statements and disclosures, footnotes and supporting documentation.
- Experience performing audit procedures over management fees, performance/incentive allocations, investment valuations, and partnership income allocations.
- Investment accounting experience with strong product knowledge including equities, credit, distressed securities and private investments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical issues in a concise and understandable manner to non-subject matter experts, both verbally and in writing.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy when reviewing work