Financial Reporting Associate
Company Info: Leading global investment management firm based in New York.
- Accounting Associate to join its Financial Reporting group, which handles the firm’s investor and legal entity financial reporting for its hedge fund and private equity vehicles.
- The Accounting Associate will prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; conduct account and performance analyses; and handle investor, management, and regulatory reporting for multiple legal entities transacting in global capital markets.
- The new hire may also work on special projects such as launching new fund vehicles, conducting historical analyses, fielding bespoke requests from various internal groups including senior management, the front office, and the investor relations group, re-engineering and implementing processes, and testing and integrating various types of software.
- Accounting Associates have the opportunity to gain a macro view of the firm’s financial activities and learn about complex fund structures and investor transactions, and they enjoy substantial interaction with our investor relations, management reporting, trade accounting, treasury, and software development groups.
- One and two years of experience in public accounting or in an accounting or reporting function at a hedge fund, investment manager, or other financial services firm.
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and organized individuals with an aptitude for accounting and a facility with numbers.
- Major or concentration in accounting is a prerequisite, and a CPA is beneficial.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, an analytical approach to problem-solving, and a rigorous work ethic are essential.