Company Info: $20B+ AUM global investment firm in Southern CT.
- 1 – 3 years of public/private accounting experience.
- CPA or working towards a CPA (required).
- A completed bachelor’s degree with a strong GPA.
- Experience with Microsoft excel is required and QuickBooks and Concur is preferred.
- Results-orientation: a strong attention to detail and an ability to manage complex processes with tight timelines.
- Efficiency: a respect for process and an ability to communicate clearly and simply.
- Team-orientation: a strong orientation towards collaboration.
- Intellectual curiosity: an eagerness to learn and willingness to contribute to various initiatives
The Management Company Accountant will report to the Head of Corporate Finance and work closely with members of the Corporate Finance and Fund Accounting teams.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with other Corporate Finance Team members in daily operations of the management company including the preparation and monitoring of budgeting, forecasting and cash management reporting.
- Ensure proper posting to general ledger accounts, validating departmental allocations and expense classifications.
- Assist with the monthly closing process and annual audits of foreign subsidiaries, coordinating with the overseas administrators.
- Responsible for the expense reporting process through Concur, including report generation through the business intelligence tool. Liaise with employees to verify expense reporting activities.
- Assist with the preparation of bank transfers and external wire instructions for the Management Company and Funds. Track processing and liaise with vendors.
- Assist peers with aspects of the soft dollar program. Includes monitoring investment team’s research subscriptions, reconciliation of trade files and websites, analysis of broker reimbursements and vendor distributions.
- Participate in various ad hoc projects.
- Prepare and streamline monthly cash reconciliations
- Gather month-end support documentation
- Book monthly collateral interest in Geneva
- Assist with the daily processing of cash transactions in Geneva
- Assist with financial statement preparation and audit requests
- Liaise with Fund Administrator to resolve daily status breaks