Perform Daily Risk Based High Level Analytical Reviews of our Private Equity Fund Clients required reporting including Quarterly and Annual Financial Statements, Footnote Disclosures, Partner Capital Drawdowns and Distributions (Subsequent Closings and Realized Carried Interest), Partner Capital Statements, Supporting Work-papers, Calculations, Allocation Files and other Ad-Hoc reporting prior to dissemination
- Perform reviews of our Private Equity Fund Clients Key Economics and Organization Structure, outlined in the Limited Partnership Agreements, Management Company Agreements and other relative governing documents, in addition to Organization Charts, Limited Partner allocations and side letters. .
- Manage the Daily Quality Control Department Operations and Workflow of Private Equity Fund Clients. Deliverables submitted and delegation to Staff based on Risk and Complexity
- Supervise QC Staff on first level review of Deliverables. Provide guidance to Staff and Perform second level of review based on risk assessment or complexity of Deliverable and Client Structure.
- Identify and raise accounting and reporting concerns determined during review process with Managing Director/ Department Members of Quality Control and Client Service Team for Discussion.
- Propose resolutions and provide accounting guidance, best practices and examples to Client Service Team Managers in preparation of meeting with our Private Equity Fund Clients, Clients Auditors and Legal Team.
- Perform research of technical accounting, industry updates, new accounting pronouncements and market trend and issue firm wide quarterly updates.
- Partner with Managing Director and Department Members in creation of standardized processes, workflows, procedures, templates and tools to improve quality, best practices and consistency of deliverables and efficient review process
- Document Management related to Annual SOC1 process – Maintain system reports for audit population selection
- Maintain/Update Industry Publications, FASB, IFRS, Regulatory, etc. on Firms Document Management System
- Other Project/Administration related work for the Quality Control Department as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting – Public/Private CPA Preferred
- 10+ years of relevant Private Equity Fund/Investment Company Accounting & Reporting experience
- Strong Knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS/ and ASC 946 Financial Reporting for Investment Companies.
- Strong Knowledge of industry specific accounting, economics, and Limited Partnership Agreements
- Strong Knowledge of investor allocations, waterfall – Hypothetical and Realized.
- Hands on experience accounting/audit of private equity funds (including blockers, Parallel, SPV, AIV, Co-Investment Vehicles) management companies, and other related vehicles.
- Manage and perform multiple levels of review/analyses of Financial Reports/Capital Events and Private Equity Complex Transactions.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail (identifies inaccuracies); ability to problem solve
- Ability to think independently, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong with Microsoft suite (Excel, Work, Power-point, Outlook, and Others)