- Participate in the compilation of the owners & senior managers monthly financial package.
- Report covenants to large bank counter parties
- Be involved with the tax process for the founder / owner
- Prepare and review annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements as required
- Be involved in the compensation process including calculating and reviewing compensation packages to the Firm’s portfolio teams.
- Work with the outside auditors on complex accounting topics during the audit.
- Prepare and review information for regulators
- Assist with month-end close process
- Assist with month-end investor risk reports
- Research and provide technical accounting guidance on new accounting standards
- Lead projects that will improve the firm’s financial reporting process and accounting process
- Identify errors or problems and independently investigate; recommend solutions to team members or supervisors
- Big 4 managerial experience
- 2-5 years of public accounting experience, preferable in Alternatives or alternatively Banking and Capital Markets
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Project management experience or strong supervisory experience
- Experienced with financial statement preparation and consolidation process
- Experience working with external accountants and the annual audit process
- Candidate must have the ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal