Company Info: Family office/investment firm based in New York
- Work intimately with the Director of Accounting and the front office to ensure the proper accounting and reporting of all transactions
- Develop and maintain relationships with fund managers; coordinate closely to obtain additional information on direct and indirect investments when needed.
- Be knowledgeable of internal control systems surrounding investment companies.
- Knowledgeable about investments, particularly private equity, hedge funds and exposure to Real estate
- Familiarity with fund structures, capital calls, management fees and Accounting
- Assist with the coordination of the audits of various subsidiaries by independent accountants.
- Assist with treasury and funding operations and oversee/coordinate re-balancing of subsidiary funding of investments as needed.
- The ability to integrate knowledge of Alternative Investments to various IT projects, such as establishment of module designed to accurately track direct debt investments, bridge to enhanced general ledger system, amongst others.
- Have the ability to coordinate and execute on special projects where needed.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting from a top-tier university.
- Strong educational background in accounting, knowledge of IFRS, knowledge of private equity industry, functional knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- CPA license.
- 2-3 years experience with leading organizations in public accounting, as well as experience with a Private Equity and/or Real Estate fund manager (or Fund-of-Funds manager) preferred.
Position Specific Technical Requirements:
- Proficient Microsoft Office Skills.
- Knowledge of Alternative Investment accounting platforms strongly preferred; knowledge of Efront accounting platform preferred.
- Knowledge of Navision general ledger system preferred.
- Personal Characteristics:
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity with a deep commitment to confidentiality.
- Strong team player, proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and ability to thrive in a team-work oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented. Attention to detail a must.
- Intellectual curiosity, always striving to fully understand an issue or process
- Exceptional intelligence and the ability to grasp concepts quickly.
- Self-motivated and possess energy and enthusiasm with an open and honest communication style.
- Ability to sort through complex issues and translate and communicate them in a clear, concise manner.
- Highly analytical mind-set.