Title: Senior Fund Accountant
Company Info: Very successful Private Equity and Private Credit Fund based in New York
- Full ownership of NAV Accounting and reporting for the funds (PE and Credit HF strategies); Perform all daily, monthly, and annual tasks associated with a variety of fund vehicles/structures (i.e Master-feeders, SPVs, stand alones).
- Assist in developing and maintaining systems and processes of reconciling to administrators’ records with particular focus on recalculating capital accounts; Drawdowns, Distributions, waterfall calculation, IRR, preferred returns, etc.
- Ensure that all accounting policies are in compliance with relevant financial accounting standards and consistent across funds. Assist in developing and enhancing policies, leveraging and utilizing existing resources.
- Assist in preparation of annual financial statements for entities, and leading the audit process. Corroborate adequacy of disclosures in accordance with GAAP.
- Liaison with third parties; administrators, custodians, auditors, tax accountants, and Independent directors.
- Oversight and ownership for tax compliance reporting to investors and tax authorities (K-1, PFIC, 1099, 1065, and fillings related to other jurisdictions, i.e. Cayman).
- Assist and review quarterly regulatory reporting packages(i.e Form PF)
- Coordinating with the administrators/front office/IR team to provide monthly / quarterly reporting to investors.
- Administer and co-ordinate fund expense accruals and payment process with front office, internal operations, and external custodians and administrators.
- Respond to ad hoc investor queries and ensure client satisfaction.
- Act as a key point of contact for the front office/administrator/IR in relation to subscriptions, redemptions and performance.
- Degree and qualified Accountant (CPA preferred, but not necessary).
- Experience within Finance and Accounting in a Credit or Private Equity firm. Intricate and in depth knowledge of portfolio accounting systems and desire to work on further development of such systems.
- Enhanced fixed income product experience and knowledge preferred; Bonds, Bank/Corp loans, CLOs, etc.
- Private Equity fund accounting experience including hands on experience of closed end fund structures and dealings with external administrators.
- Proven track record with Private Equity in a senior finance capacity (minimum 3-5 years post-qualification experience).