Senior Tax Accountant
Company Info: New York based private, multinational enterprise that is a major international investor as well as a diversified commercial and industrial businesses
- Review federal and state tax reports, including K-1s, 1099s and 1042s, tax workpapers and tax returns for C-Corps, partnerships, and trusts.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with tax advisors to ensure complete and accurate tax reporting and compliance.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with fund managers; coordinate closely to obtain additional information on direct and indirect investments when needed.
- In-depth analysis of investments to determine both on-shore and off-shore tax issues including ECI, FIRPTA, CFCs, PFICs.
- Assist in improving processes and procedures for robust US tax reporting and compliance, such as a system to accurately record the tax attributes of investments and track investments with certain tax attributes.
- Review of investment activity to determine proper tax allocations.
- Participate in tax related projects including forecasting, portfolio analysis, and tax rate analysis.
- Prepare quarterly estimated tax returns, quarterly NYS sales & use tax returns and NYC Commercial Rent Tax returns.
- Assist with tax audits and tax notices as they arise.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting from a competitive university.
- Graduate degree in Taxation preferred.
- Strong knowledge of asset management fund investments, private equity / real estate preferred.
- CPA license.
- 4-6 years’ experience with leading organizations in public accounting, with client experience with a Private Equity and/or Real Estate fund manager (or Fund-of-Funds manager) preferred.
- Have worked on primarily asset management clients or is in the asset management industry.
- Have working knowledge of inbound and outbound investments and tax issues that may arise including ECI, FIRPTA, CFCs, PFICs.
- Knowledgeable of the tax compliance related forms related to outbound investments including (8865, 5471, 8858, 1042, 8805, etc.) and potential filing requirements for inbound investments.
- Knowledgeable about investments, particularly private equity, hedge funds and exposure to real estate.
- Knowledge of fund structures, partnership agreements, tax allocations (carried interest).
- The ability to integrate knowledge of tax to various IT projects, such as creating a system to accurately track investments with tax attributes.
- Have the ability to coordinate and execute on special projects (e.g., tax, public equities) where needed.