Responsibilities: Tax Director will be responsible for the leadership, oversight, tax planning and compliance relating to the Family Office, family members and family entities. The Tax Director is a very hands-on role. Tax planning is the most important aspect of the position and will encompass 50% of their time. Responsibilities will include overseeing and supervising all tax matters with an emphasis on, tax accounting and reporting for individuals, trusts, closely held family partnerships and other entities. Tax responsibilities will include but not limited to
- Prepare quarterly and year-end tax projections. Providing accurate and timely estimates to family members for cash flow planning is a top priority.
- Review existing tax positions to identify any potential tax issues, as well as developing, researching and recommending customized tax strategies designed to achieve overall tax savings for the family.
- Review of Federal, and multi state tax returns for trusts (60%), high net worth/individuals (18%), partnerships (18%), corporations (2%), foundations (2%) and gift tax returns.
- Manage 4 accounting professionals in the processing of federal and state tax returns.
- Review payroll tax returns.
- Draft correspondence to the IRS and other government agencies regarding various tax issues.
- Manage the various accounting firms and legal firm relationships related to tax matters
- Regular communication with fund contacts to plan estimates around taxable income related to private equity and hedge fund investments
- Ensure tax compliance in terms of tax return preparation including informational returns such as FBAR and compliance with FATCA.
- Establish a documentation and record retention infrastructure for the tax books and records.
- 8+ years of experience
- Tax planning experience
- Trusts & Estates
- Enrolled Agent or CPA