Company Description: Large hedge fund located in Greenwich, CT.
Qualifications:Skills and Requirements
- 2-4 years’ experience in public accounting (valuation, consulting or audit), hedge fund, or other financial institution
- Strong academic track record as demonstrated by SAT scores and GPA
- CFA preferred or desire to pursue CFA is required; CPA a plus
- Experience with fair market valuation models
- Excellent Excel skills, technically savvy
- Outstanding attention to detail and committed to process and related improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Flexible, quick learner with the ability to multi-task
- Strong team contributor with proactive drive to deliver results
Role and Responsibilities
- We are currently recruiting for a Valuation and Reporting Analyst to join our Fund Accounting and Reporting team, a group currently responsible for managing the accounting, valuation, reporting and internal control matters for a portfolio of diverse assets.
The person in this role will assist in:
- Reviewing fair value memos and models for non-quoted investments, including bank loans, real estate backed loans and private equity
- Coordinating valuation reviews with third party valuation firms and auditors
- Preparing the valuation results that go to the valuation committee
- Preparing and reviewing reporting utilized by management and external parties including investors and
- Various special projects as needed including enhancing reporting and related processes, we strive to create a productive work environment while encouraging teamwork and maintaining individual responsibility.
- We promote a culture which is enthusiastic about the opportunities presented to our employees.
- The majority of our office space is designed with an open, trading-floor style layout which encourages open communication and facilitates cross training.