Assistant Vice President in Operational Due Diligence
Company Info: Leading global investment firm with more than $100 billion of capital under management.
- Work with investment due diligence teams globally to conduct and manage the operational due diligence for the firm’s fund investments in both the public and private markets.
- Review, conduct and report qualitative assessments of investment managers’ operations, internal controls and risks, as well as their ongoing developments in those areas, including news and relevant regulatory standards and industry developments affecting the managers, its service providers and the firm’s investments managed by them. Relevant responsibilities include scoping/ defining procedures, documentation reviews, on-site visits, service providers’ reviews and reporting.
- Keep abreast of industry, market and regulatory developments
- Develop and maintain operational due diligence policies and procedures in accordance with industry best practices.
- Maintain adequate due diligence records and provide pre-investment and post-investment operational support to the investment team.
- Lead or assist in ad-hoc corporate / operational projects.
- Excellent academics, preferably a CPA and/or CFA designation
- 5 to 10 years of related experience over a broad range of strategies, including hedge fund, private equities and real estate funds globally.
- Good knowledge of global regulatory and compliance rules and regulations, as well as risk, structures, operational processes / policies / controls and best practices in the industry.
- Strong analytic and business diagnostics skills. Strong commercial acumen. Independent critical thinking and proactive in creating effective solutions for issues.
- Excellence in verbal and written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Good team player who respect and work well with people of all levels.
- Committed, dependable and positively driven to deliver high standards of work even under time pressure.
- Attention to details and accuracy, able to multitask and manage multiple reviews and projects within deadlines.
- Flexibility to travel and work in different time zones with overseas teams and external parties