Company Info: Well-established Private Equity firm with $20 billion of equity capital under management based in New York, NY.
- Financial and control operations of the BDC, including financial reporting, planning and analysis, financial statements and accounting, internal controls, and budgeting.
- Responsible for interaction with, and reporting to, the BDC Board and CFO
- Oversee and manage third party sub-administrator, financial reporting and accounting teams. Including managing all financial reporting processes performed by the sub-administrator (e.g. 10-Qs, 10-Ks, and 8-Ks).
- Continuously monitor asset and liability needs, including ensuring the company is in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Focus on systems development to ensure efficient accounting and financial reporting, building a platform for the existing BDC and future additional BDCs.
- Support the Head of Fund Administration, Credit to streamline and improve our overall process.
- Stay up to date on current and pending changes to accounting guidance and financial reporting requirements.
- Oversee external audit functions. Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and reporting is in compliance with regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- 8-15 years of experience
- BDC experience
- Credit experience
- Candidates will have 10+ years of relevant fund controller experience
- Significant experience specifically related to financial accounting, SEC reporting and administrative oversight of a registered investment company
- Strong understanding of US GAAP particularly ASC 946
- Excellent communication, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Exceptional judgment and maturity
- Ability to successfully build relationships with parties inside and outside of the firm including, regulatory representatives, outside counsel, financial institutions and consultants
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as needed
- Ability to grow within the platform as it evolves
- CPA or graduate degree