Description: Our client is seeking a Fund Controller. In addition to working on the accounting and reporting of the funds, this individual will assist members of the Finance Team with all other special requests and projects. A successful candidate will be highly-motivated, detail oriented, possess great communication skills, and work well in a fast-paced, team environment.
Company Info: Well-established private equity firm with more than $8 billion of equity capital under management based in New York, NY.
- Responsible for quarterly and annual financial statements, including individual Limited Partner capital account statements
- Responsible for overall fund management and analysis
- Assist with portfolio review preparation
- Responsible for the formation, accounting, reporting, and other ad hoc requests of special purpose acquisition vehicles
- Responsible for database management (AltaReturn)
- Set up outgoing wires for investments
- Responsible for Limited Partner capital calls and distributions
- Respond to ad hoc information requests from Limited Partners and investor inquiries by providing detailed and informative answers in a timely manner
- Coordination with outside tax preparation providers to manage ongoing tax needs, including the preparation of K-1s, for several funds and affiliated entities.
- Assist the Director of Finance and CFO with special projects.
- Other various special projects and requests
- S. in accounting required; partnership taxation experience a plus
- 4-7 years of relevant work experience in public accounting, venture capital or private equity
- Experience and/or strong interest in systems, such as Investran, AltaReturn, eFront , I-Level etc
- A proven work ethic with strong academic credentials
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills