Company Info: Elite office based in Greenwich, CT.
- Performing audits of assigned functions including financial, operational and expense management audits;
- Developing the planning memo and audit program for each audit project and completing fieldwork;
- Preparing draft audit reports reflecting overviews of the functions reviewed, conclusions regarding the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls and opportunities for enhancing internal controls and/or operational efficiencies;
- Making oral presentations of audit findings to management and periodically to Principals;
- Effectively planning and executing the Family Offices’ audit program for all businesses and properties;
- Maintaining the database of prior audit recommendations and coordinating follow-up by internal audit personnel to validate resolution of the issues;
- Assisting internal audit management with the preparation of reports to be distributed to the Audit Committee of the Principals;
- Maintaining the internal audit library of audit documentation;
- Supervising staff and on-property personnel in Best Practices; and
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with all levels of management and employees.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting;
- Four or more years of public accounting/audit experience;
- A minimum of one professional certification (CPA/CIA/CFE);
- Strong computer skills (advanced Excel skills); knowledge of Great Plains preferable;
- Ability to multi-task and execute various audits and projects in different phases;
- Ability to make good judgments based upon observations and supporting information;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (including oral and written communications), as well as listening, interviewing, facilitating and influencing skills; proficiency in Spanish an asset;
- A highly analytical and inquisitive mindset; ability to understand key business processes and controls, and explain their relevance to key managers;
- Ability to take responsibility for assigned tasks, understanding and achieving expectations;
- Ability to recognize problem solving opportunities and propose solutions to improve business processes;
- Ability to share knowledge of audit tools and technology with other department personnel in order to enhance internal processes and methodologies; and
- Adaptability with an absolute commitment to timely delivery of a superlative professional product.