Management Company Accountant
Company Info: Leading private investment management firm based in New York, NY.
- Prepare monthly closing journal entries and schedules for the Firm and its foreign subsidiaries.
- Prepare management and department reports of firm revenue and expenses.
- Prepare the monthly Firm Forecast, correspondence with departments on adjustments and variances.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Firm Budget, compile data across multiple departments.
- Review vendor invoices for payment and ensure proper coding and allocations.
- Review accounts receivables and ensure payment is received timely.
- Review monthly travel charges and ensure reimbursable expenses are billed out to third parties and collected.
- Serve as back up administrator for the firm’s global Concur expense reimbursement system.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Track the Firm’s fixed assets inventory and maintain the depreciation database and calculations.
- Prepare supporting materials for tax reporting and audits.
- Prepare the quarterly hurdle forecast.
- Compile quarterly timesheets and prepare cost allocations.
- Track cost of special firm projects and relocations.
- Review and ensure accuracy of the general ledger across multiple global entities.
- Maintain general ledger and financial reporter software, upgrades and reporting templates.
- Assist with ad hoc projects.
- Accounting degree, min GPA 3.5 and above
- Extremely detailed oriented, accurate and organized.
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of excel macros a plus.
- Accounting or audit (or relevant intern) experience in the financial services industry.