Real Estate Accountant
Company Info: Elite family office with diverse real estate investments based in Connecticut.
- Review monthly financial reporting from foreign subsidiaries.
- Review cash levels and funding requests from foreign subsidiaries.
- Prepare monthly cash flow projections.
- Account for sales of properties and track basis.
- Prepare all journal entries.
- Review annual budgets.
- Review annual financial statements.
- Prepare quarterly US financials.
- Work with external accountants and oversee US tax compliance for investors with Tax Director.
- Review and track local tax return compliance with foreign accountants.
- Work with Management on accounting for new investments.
- Travel to investments (10-20% travel first year and 10% travel thereafter).
- Special projects as required.
- 3-5 years of Real Estate accounting experience performing general accounting for real estate transactions, and preparing financial statements. Public accounting/Audit and Tax experience a plus but not required.
- Pursuing or passed the CPA
- This person’s work must be organized, detailed and they should be able to work well independently as well as within a small team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and basic research skills.
- Solid organizational skills especially the ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details.
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment.
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm as well as build and maintain strong relationships with client personnel investment principles