Company Info: $2 billion hedge fund based in New York, NY.
- Assist Portfolio Finance team in review of Collateral and Margin Movements between counterparties and develop controls around Booking of entries in Ledger and coordinating with Administrator
- Work with Portfolio Finance and Risk to monitor FX exposure at both Firm and Portfolio manager levels and process movements within ledger and Administrator
- Monitor FX Cash Balances between Prime Brokers and help manage efficiencies
- Develop a repository and maintain Cash Wire SSI’s for all Foreign Currency and USD at all Banks and Prime Brokers
- Ensure all Redemption and Subscriptions are communicated to staff for timely booking into the ledger and Administrator
- Develop process around all wires relating to Expenses, and ensure there are balances available and process journals as necessary.
- Assist Portfolio Finance to ensure ENSO has proper Cash balances for both automated and manually entered counterparties.
- Assist Director of Operations in managing group projects and initiatives
- Minimum of 4-8 years of experience working at a buy-side firm
- Hands on experience with Trade processing and process flows
- Solid understanding of operations within Hedge Funds with strategic views for enhancing infrastructure
- Wide range of Product knowledge is helpful but not mandatory
- Quick learner, self-sufficient but team oriented
- Exceptional excel skills
- Detailed knowledge of bank and PB funding models
- Hands on experience financing and managing inventory in wholesale funding markets
- Experience as execution trader
- Working knowledge of the prime brokerage, ISDA, securities lending, repo, netting agreements
- Experience with clearing and margining of derivatives including futures, options, CDX, etc.
- Relevant degree in finance, economics, computer science, math etc.
- Energetic, curious, positive demeanor